Art & Conversation: Great Artists of the Spanish-Speaking World
Art -and particularly paintings- encourages us to contemplate, learn, and engage in discussions. Therefore, there isn’t a better, nor more beautiful context to learn and practice Spanish than with the art works of three of the greatest Spanish artists.
In this course, we’ll learn about the life and works of El Greco, Sorolla y Dalí. We’ll discover some of their secrets, what they shared, and what set them apart. Plus, we’ll travel through their times, histories and get to know the authors they were related to. We’ll analyze El Greco’s compositions, with their metallic colors and enlongated figures; we’ll enjoy the light and peace in Sorolla’s paintings; and finally we’ll dive into Dali’s dreams and fantasies.
Join us in this journey through the painting of these three great masters to learn and practice Spanish through art.
- Level: Intermediate (Spanish 7/8)
- Format: Small Group (up to 6 students)
- Schedule: Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Length: 6 weeks (starting 03/04/21)
- Materials: Online Teaching Materials (free)
- Tuition fee: $185
- Place: Easy Español’s Virtual Campus
- Instructor: Juan Trouillhet
- Pre-requisite: Spanish 6 (Lower Intermediates)