(1) FOCUS AS ENFOCAR
When we adjust an optical device so that an image looks clear, sharp, or with a higher definition, we translate “focus” as “enfocar”:
- Tienes que enfocar el proyector correctamente, si no la presentación se verá mal. You have to focus the projector properly; otherwise the presentation will look terrible.
- Asegúrate de que la cámara esté enfocada; no queremos que las fotos salgan mal. Make sure the camera is focused; we don’t want the pictures to look bad.
(2) FOCUS AS CONCENTRARSE
When we talk about directing our attention or efforts to an activity or a topic, especially in order to achieve something else, we translate “focus” as “concentrarse”:
- Este mes necesito concentrarme en terminar mi tesis. This month I need to focus on finishing up my thesis.
- Si te concentras en un solo problema a la vez, podrás resolver todo más rápido. If you focus on one problem at a time, you will be able to solve everything faster.
(3) FOCUS AS PRESTAR ATENCIÓN
When we talk about concentrating on what we are doing (reading, listening, watching, etc) or what someone else is saying, we use the equivalent phrase “prestar atención”:
- ¡Presta atención cuando te estoy hablando! Focus when I’m talking to you!
Tienes que prestar atención a los detalles si quieres escribir un buen informe. You have to focus on the details if you want to write a good book report.
R E A D Y T O L E A R N ?
If you are looking to learn Spanish quickly or you want to find the best way to learn to speak Spanish, at Easy Español we can help you with the best program to learn Spanish. Whether you are a total beginner or have some previous knowledge, you will notice immediate progress with the quickest way to learn Spanish.
No matter your goal, learning Spanish will be easier than ever with one of our intensive online Spanish courses, whether you want to learn Spanish in 30 days or in 3 months. You will discover a unique method of live Spanish classes online with the easiest way to learn Spanish to speak Spanish fluently once and for all.