Do you know the difference between “acordarse” and “recordar”? It’s easier than it sounds!
The main difference is their structure:
Acordarse means to remember something. We always use it with a pronoun and it is generally followed by the preposition “de”.
- No me acuerdo. I don’t remember.
- ¿Te acuerdas de la primera vez que visitamos México? Do you remember the first time we visited Mexico.
- Siempre se acuerda de todos los cumpleaños. She always remembers everyone’s birthdays.
On the other hand, recordar means to recall or to remind. This verb does not need a pronoun, and it isn’t followed by a specific preposition:
- Recuerda llamarlo esta noche. Remember to call him tonight.
- ¿No te recuerda a alguien? Doesn’t she remind you of someone?
- No recuerdo la última vez que hablamos por teléfono. I can’t recall the last time we spoke on the phone.
R E A D Y T O L E A R N ?
If you are looking to learn Spanish quickly or you want to find the best way to learn to speak Spanish, at Easy Español we can help you with the best program to learn Spanish. Whether you are a total beginner or have some previous knowledge, you will notice immediate progress with the quickest way to learn Spanish.
No matter your goal, learning Spanish will be easier than ever with one of our intensive online Spanish courses, whether you want to learn Spanish in 30 days or in 3 months. You will discover a unique method of live Spanish classes online with the easiest way to learn Spanish to speak Spanish fluently once and for all.