When expressing our opinions in Spanish, we have a variety of verbs and expressions to help us out. We can divide these verbs into two categories: verbs that express what we’re thinking and verbs that express what we’re sensing.
The most important factor to take into account when using verbs of opinion is the choice of indicativo or subjuntivo. How do we know which to use? Easy!
Negative statements are express with el subjuntivo and affirmative statments with el indicativo. Take a look at this helpful chart!
- Creo que el cambio climático está afectando al medio ambiente. I believe climate change is affecting the environment.
- No creo que la emisión de carbono ayude a mejorar el medio ambiente. I don’t think carbon emissions help improve the environment.
- Me parece que debemos vivir de manera sustentable para proteger a la naturaleza. I think we must live in a sustainable way to protect nature.
- No me parece que sea bueno que exista desigualdad en el mundo. I don’t think it’s good that there is inequality in the world.
- Veo que ella está un poco un nerviosa. I can see that she’s a bit nervous.
- No veo que ella esté nerviosa. She doesn’t look nervous to me.
- Oigo que el gerente tendrá una reunión esta tarde. I hear that the manager will have a meeting this afternoon.
- No oigo que el jefe tenga una reunión está tarde. I haven’t heard anything about the boss having a meeting this afternoon.
Activities for private students & members:
This content is locked
Login To Unlock The Content!
R E A D Y T O L E A R N ?
If you are looking to learn Spanish quickly or you want to find the best way to learn to speak Spanish, at Easy Español we can help you with the best program to learn Spanish. Whether you are a total beginner or have some previous knowledge, you will notice immediate progress with the quickest way to learn Spanish.
No matter your goal, learning Spanish will be easier than ever with one of our intensive online Spanish courses, whether you want to learn Spanish in 30 days or in 3 months. You will discover a unique method of live Spanish classes online with the easiest way to learn Spanish to speak Spanish fluently once and for all.