Vamos a aprender los diferentes usos y equivalentes en español del verbo “restart”:
1) RESTART AS REINICIAR
When talking about beginning again an activity or endeavor that had been temporarily interrupted, completed or abandoned, the verb “restart” is translated as “reiniciar” o “recomenzar”.
- Las clases se reiniciarán después de las vacaciones de verano.
- Classes will restart after the summer vacations.
When talking about computers, cellphones or other devices, the verbs “to restart” or “to reboot” are used to describe the need to shut off the device and turn it back on. In this sense, the term can be also translated as “reiniciar”.
- La computadora está congelada; es necesario reiniciarla.
- The computer froze; you have to restart it.
2) RESTART AS REANUDAR
When we talk about resuming an activity after a brief pause or break, particularly when talking about games and sports, we translate “restart” as “reanudar”:
- El partido de tenis se reanudó con normalidad después de la lluvia.
- The tennis match restarted normally after the rain.
3) RESTART AS RETOMAR
When we talk about starting again a conversation, discussion, or activity that had been previously interrupted, we translate “restart” as “retomar”:
- Esta semana se retomaron las discusiones sobre el aumento salarial para los maestros.
- The debate over the salary increase for teachers restarted this week.
R E A D Y T O L E A R N ?
If you are looking to learn Spanish quickly or you want to find the best way to learn to speak Spanish, at Easy Español we can help you with the best program to learn Spanish. Whether you are a total beginner or have some previous knowledge, you will notice immediate progress with the quickest way to learn Spanish.
No matter your goal, learning Spanish will be easier than ever with one of our intensive online Spanish courses, whether you want to learn Spanish in 30 days or in 3 months. You will discover a unique method of live Spanish classes online with the easiest way to learn Spanish to speak Spanish fluently once and for all.