¡Cuidado! Resolution is not always resolución!
When we talk about the solution to a problem, conflict, dispute, etc or when we refer to decision made or a course of action to be taken, we can translate “resolution” as “resolución”:
- Después de muchas reuniones llegaron a una resolución para mejorar el rendimiento de la empresa. After many meetings they finally arrived at a resolution to improve the performance of the company.
- Tomó la resolución de volver a la universidad. She made the resolution to go back to college.
- El comité publicó una resolución con nuevas medidas para combatir la crisis económica. The committee published a resolution with new regulations to fight against the financial crisis.
However, if we are talking about our goals and wishes for the New Year, we translate “resolution” as “próposito”:
- ¿Cuál es tu propósito para el año próximo? What is your resolution for next year?
- Mi propósito de Año Nuevo es aprender otro idioma. My New Year’s resolution is learning another language.
- Él nunca cumple sus propósitos de Año Nuevo. He never keeps his New Year’s resolutions.
- Nuestro propósito es viajar más y conocer nuevas culturas. Our resolution is to travel more and learn about new cultures.
R E A D Y T O L E A R N ?
If you are looking to learn Spanish quickly or you want to find the best way to learn to speak Spanish, at Easy Español we can help you with the best program to learn Spanish. Whether you are a total beginner or have some previous knowledge, you will notice immediate progress with the quickest way to learn Spanish.
No matter your goal, learning Spanish will be easier than ever with one of our intensive online Spanish courses, whether you want to learn Spanish in 30 days or in 3 months. You will discover a unique method of live Spanish classes online with the easiest way to learn Spanish to speak Spanish fluently once and for all.