This is an art and conversation course essentially designed to explore the works of Picasso and the feminine influence in his paintings. Discover the women, the passion and the heartbreak behind Pablo Picasso’s work presented in some of his most remarkable masterpieces. For Picasso, his romantic relationships provided inspiration for countless paintings, drawings and sculptures. During this course students will learn about art, history and culture while expanding their command and fluency of their conversational skills in Spanish.
This course is recommended for Intermediate learners with a solid grasp of the Spanish language. Students will meet -live online- once a week to analyze and discuss a specific painting. Under the close guidance of an expert language coach, students will engage in stimulating discussions. This course is ideal for those students who want to practice conversation while learning about art and culture.
How Live Online Sessions Work:
Lessons are live in 100% real time-via the Internet. You work hand in hand with a language coach in a virtual classroom. The day of the session, you’ll get a link to have access to a virtual classroom where the session will be conducted. Entering the virtual classroom is very simple and you won’t need to install anything on your computer. A video-camera and good Internet connection is a must!
When: Thursdays, starting on 04/09/2020
Time: 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm
Length: 6 weeks
Materials: Free online learning materials
Instructor: Jorge Gallegos
Pre-requisite: Online Placement Test or Higher Beginners
How to Join the Session:
After you sign up for this class, you will receive a link to access a virtual classroom where the session will be conducted. Entering the virtual classroom is very simple:
- Click on the link, then enter your name and click “Join now”:
2. The Classroom will do a system check that takes 1-2 minutes and you’ll redirected to the room:
- Use a computer, laptop or a tablet. A cell phone is not recommended for these sessions.
- You must have a microphone to talk during the class. A video camera is highly recommended.
- Make sure you have a good Internet connection. Poor connectivity will result in noise and class disturbance.